How much notice does my landlord have to give me if they want me to move out?
Posted by: raindrop 6 years, 11 months ago
If you are not in breach of your lease, the following timeframes apply to how much notice a landlord has to provide to a tenant if the landlord wants to terminate the tenancy.
According to Cal. Civ. Code Section 1946.1(c), if the tenant has been a resident in the property for less than one (1) year, then the landlord is required to give the tenant a minimum of thirty (30) days written notice.
Additionally, according to the California Associations of Realtors and Cal. Civ. Code Section 1946.1(d), the landlord can give thirty (30) days written notice to terminate a periodic tenancy when all of the following conditions have been met:
- the dwelling is a separately alienable unit (e.g. condo, single family residence, townhouse; but not a duplex, triplex or other multi-unit property);
- the owner is in contract to sell the unit to a bona fide purchaser for value;
- escrow has been established with a licensed escrow agent or licensed real estate broker;
- the buyer is a natural person (or persons);
- notice is given within 120 days after escrow is opened;
- notice was not previously given to the tenant; and
- the buyer intends to live in the property for at least one full year.
San Diego Homes
- New Landscape Transformation Program Increases Incentives in San Diego County
- 624 10th Avenue JUST SOLD!
- 226 Orange Avenue #303 JUST SOLD!
- 1820 Avenida Del Mundo #606's price has been REDUCED!
- 2018 4th of July Events
- Blog (345)
- Buyer's Guide to Buying a Home (11)
- DIY Homeowners (55)
- FAQ Buyer (35)
- FAQ Property Management (7)
- FAQ Renters (7)
- FAQ Seller (32)
- FAQ Short Sale (6)
- Friday Favorites (4)
- Home Projects (59)
- Listings (132)
- Local Info (74)
- Market Matters (34)
- Open House (18)
- Rentals (18)
- Staging (1)
- Things to do (77)
- Tips (5)
- Tips for Buyers (7)
- Tips for Homeowners (5)
- Tips for Renters (5)
- Tips for Sellers (5)
- Tips/FAQs (2)
FeedsRSS / Atom
Latest NewsJuly 10, 2018 New Landscape Transformation Program Increases Incentives in San Diego County June 29, 2018 624 10th Avenue JUST SOLD! June 25, 2018 226 Orange Avenue #303 JUST SOLD! READ MORE
Our initial experience with you, especially with your demonstrable expertise, knowledge, and willingness to both educate and work with us regarding the market and related considerations particular to Coronado, resulted in a gratifyingly helpful and positive experience for us.—Robert R. READ MORE