Are you Ready for El Nino?
Posted by: kateg 1 year, 7 months ago
El Nino has already disrupted daily life for many Southern California natives. From harsh winds knocking over trees, to terrential downpoors flooding our streets, to power outages in our homes and offices, we have already been consistenly affected by the uncontrollable storms this winter season. Just check out these pictures from Coronado locals!
What many forget is that there are easy steps to take to lessen the burden that a nasty storm can bring.
Here are a few tips to help you prepare for El Nino!
- Fix your leaks before the rain.
- Clean out your gutters and downspouts.
- Invest in a generator.
- Install a sump pump.
- Touch up your exterior paint.
- Check your balcony and decks for any slopes.
- Store emergency prepare materials in a dry.
- Check your car lights.
- Make sure your yard drains work properly.
- Prepare ahead of time for an insect invasion as they like to use your house as their new, dry home.
Check out the rest of the LA Times article for great El Nino Prepartion tips here!
If you are a business owner and would like to hear more information on disaster preparedness, the South County EDC and East County EDC are hosting a Disaster Preparedness Forum on February 4 at the Spring Valley Community Center. Click here to find out more information on this beneficial event!
Remember that preparing ahead of time can ease the pain of an unexpected storm and allow daily life to breeze on by without flooding your mind!
Share on Twitter Share on Facebook
San Diego Homes
- Looking for a Coronado Rental? Here are Tips for finding a home!
- Which Famous Author Visited 550 A Ave?
- Build Your Dream House in the Coronado Cays!
- After Years in the Making, Imperial Beach's New Shopping Center is Here!
- Making a Difference With San Diego’s Voices for Children
- Blog (338)
- Buyer's Guide to Buying a Home (11)
- DIY Homeowners (54)
- FAQ Buyer (35)
- FAQ Property Management (7)
- FAQ Renters (7)
- FAQ Seller (32)
- FAQ Short Sale (6)
- Friday Favorites (4)
- Home Projects (58)
- Listings (132)
- Local Info (73)
- Market Matters (34)
- Open House (18)
- Rentals (18)
- Staging (1)
- Things to do (76)
- Tips (4)
- Tips for Buyers (7)
- Tips for Homeowners (4)
- Tips for Renters (4)
- Tips for Sellers (5)
- Tips/FAQs (1)
FeedsRSS / Atom
Latest NewsSeptember 18, 2017 Looking for a Coronado Rental? Here are Tips for finding a home! September 14, 2017 Which Famous Author Visited 550 A Ave? September 11, 2017 Build Your Dream House in the Coronado Cays! READ MORE
Our initial experience with you, especially with your demonstrable expertise, knowledge, and willingness to both educate and work with us regarding the market and related considerations particular to Coronado, resulted in a gratifyingly helpful and positive experience for us.—Robert R. READ MORE